Sight words are words that appear frequently in most of the text we read but can’t easily be sounded out.
Learn the first 100 high frequency Sight words and introduce Tricky words!
Tricky words are phonically irregular words that cannot be sounded out in your head, children need longer to decode these.
Knowing these words is essential – they make up half of all written material!
• Lower case keys help children to succeed. Can we add info as to how/why?
• See a word, spell it and earn Hairies
• The yeti helper reinforces learning.
• Each time you spell a word you’ll collect 3 Hairies.
• Tricky words give pink Hairies.
• When you have enough Hairies play the game!
• Tap a Hairy to make it jump to the flag.
• Bounce on yeti bellies and escape from dangers.
• There are four mountains to climb and 12 levels of Hairy fun.
Designed for 5-7 years.
This app is strictly educational and has no in-app purchases.