Compatible with Galaxy Watch, Gear S2 / S3 / Sport, Gear 1, Gear 2, Gear S. For Gear Fit see below.
It needs the free companion app “Gear Navigation” from Samsung Galaxy Apps to work.
How to use:
– Install Samsung Gear and connect with your Gear smartwatch.
– Install this “Gear Navigation” app.
– Install free “Gear Navigation” app from the Samsung Store on your Smartwatch. (Go to Apps > Samsung Gear > Samsung Galaxy Apps).
– Start Gear Navigation app on your phone.
– Allow the app to read notifications. (Go to: Settings > Security > Notification Access and enable Gear Navigation).
– Start Google Maps Navigation and instructions will be pushed to your smartwatch.
– Ensure your Gear watch is connected to Phone and you have Samsung Gear installed.
– If the app still only shows the “Ready” message, please ensure that maps notifications are activated and displayed on your phone (Go to: Settings > Apps > Maps and enable “Show notifications”).
– If messages on the watch are delayed or stop entirely, please exempt “Gear Navigation” from power saving and/or switch off power saving and task killer apps.
– Restart smartphone AND Gear watch
– Uninstall from the phone, restart phone (important) and reinstall the app
– If you have a Xiaomi phone, go to Security -> Permissions -> Autostart and activate “Gear Navigation”