Help Mammoth get his stolen hat back with the support of new creatures that move, multiply and reveal hidden fractions. Embark on a surprising journey in this puzzle game designed for children 6-12-year-old.
• Learn fraction concepts without words
• Experience an activity designed with researchers at a Canadian university (UQAM)
• Solve over 100 unique physics puzzles in 3 colorful worlds
• Find and collect friendly pets that follow you in your adventure
• Play in a safe, digital environment: no ads or in-app purchases
• A UQAM study has shown the original Slice Fractions significantly improved students performances by +10,5% on the standard test “Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study” (TIMSS) after only 3 hours of gameplay
• An approach based on visual representations and manipulatives that improves kids’ conceptual understanding of fractions
• Part-whole partitioning
• Numerator / Denominator notation
• Equivalent fractions
• Fraction multiplication
• Finding the common denominator
• Fractions bigger than 1
Slice Fractions 2 is based on the following Common Core concepts: 2.G.A.2 | 2.G.A.3 | 3.NF.A.1 | 3.NF.A.3 | 4.NF.A.1 | 4.NF.B.3 | 4.NF.B.4 | 5.NF.A.1 | 5.NF.B.3
Slice Fractions and Slice Fractions 2 are complementary and cover different learning concepts inspired by the Common Core. No preliminary knowledge of fractions is required.
For the complete learning experience get the Slice Fractions Bundle.